A Skinny Poem, on Day Twelve of National Poetry Month. For me this is an indelible image.
Lunch in the School Cafeteria During COVID-19
Unmasked, they sit, all facing the same direction to eat
all facing the same direction, they sit to eat, unmasked
with thanks to Denise Krebs for the inspiration in #VerseLove on Ethical ELA.
How to write a Skinny Poem:
- Write to a strong image, experience, emotion, event, a work of art….consider the image you want to write about and describe the situation in the first line.
- Only lines 1 and 11 have multiple words. Lines 2-10 are each one word only
- Line 2, 6, and 10 are each the same word.
- Line 11 uses the same words as line 1, but it can be rearranged for your purposes.
- You can also write multiple Skinnys for one longer poem.